We respect your privacy
Mike Pawley Sports respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Please note that this Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years of age.
What information we collect
When you register on our Site, place an order, subscribe to our Newsletter or fill out a form, we collect certain information from you, including your name, phone number, billing address, shipping address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your order. When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site we may also collect financial or credit card information.
We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions or communicate with our customer support.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our Site and when we provide our services to you. We may also receive personal information from third parties.
- When you visit our Site: When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, IP address and time zone. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
- Third party sites: Our Site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Mike Pawley Sports is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our Site, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information collected from you to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we may use Information to:
- Communicate with you and personalise your experience – your information helps us better respond to your individual needs.
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products and services when in line with the preferences you have shared with us.
- Improve customer satisfaction – your information helps us improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
We use information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
Disclosure of your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Personal information is only supplied to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or the delivery of our services, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and follow this Policy regarding handling your personal information.
We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Mike Pawley Sports Pty Ltd, www.mikepawleysports.com.au, its customers or third parties.
How we protect your personal information
Mike Pawley Sports is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Access to your personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email our Customer Support Team.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please e-mail our Customer Support Team. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.